tire opinions wanted

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:26:59 -0600

I am looking for some new tires for my P10. Current size is 205/40/17, tires
are Kuhmo 712's. I want to go with 215/40/17 for the larger footprint, and I
would like to try something different since the Kuhmo prices seem to have went
up to the same prices as the "other" brands.

Alternatives that are available in that size are (cheapest ones listed
first):

Hankook Ventus K102 (new, cheap, looks good on paper?)
Dunlop W10 (had them, liked them, not so long tread life)
Yoko Avid H4 (had them before, liked them, but they are an all season tire)
Kuhmo 712 (had them, like them, but want to try something different)
Yokahama Parada (never heard much about them)
Sumitomo HTR Z II (ditto, never heard much)
Yokohama A520 (heard good things?)

What I am basically looking for is just a recommendation or not. "Those tires
sucked in the rain." "I only got 8000 miles out of a set of those." Stuff like
that.

Input appreciated, I plan to order the tires this afternoon.

Thanks!
-Jay
93.5 G20 with cool stuff and two stock wheels on the front (riceboy
imitation)