Propane injection kit?

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:58:59 -0600

--- Steve Pechkoff <SPechkoff@gfisystems.com> wrote:

> It's not meant for gasoline engines, and your computer isn't meant
> to handle the extra fuel calibrations that would be needed.

We're not talking about just bolting on a system and seeing if it'd
work.  The idea is to use propane instead of additional fuel; the ECU
doesn't need to know what's going on because the propane system is
taking care of it transparently.

> Get bigger injectors, fuel pump and a new ECU.  You'll get the same
> effect.

No you wouldn't.  I'll let you search the archives to figure out why,
though, because this has been covered.  It's just that nobody thinks
it's worth the effort because nobody's proven or disproven it.  It's
a moot point right now, but don't poo-poo the idea just because
nobody's tried it.  People used to think that Nitrous Oxide was just
an anasthetic, you know.

(Waiting for somebody to argue with me about non-medicinal properties
of N2O that predate use in engines...which they're probably right
about.  I was just trying to make a point.)

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |