Spec V jacking points and first DIY oil change

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:10:49 -0600

--- Steve Pechkoff <SPechkoff@gfisystems.com> wrote:

> Anyone know where they are?  There doesn't seem to be any specific
> point labeled.  I just used my best judgement to jack it up.

There are two places that I know of that list jack points, the Tire
Change section in the Owner's Manual and in the FSM.  Someone
(David?) was kind enough to include a page from the FSM here:

  http://www.b15sentra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9269

> But who's bloody idea was it to use a throw-away copper washer
> as the sealing surface for the drain plug?

They don't *have* to be changed every time; just in case they're
damaged, they're easily replacable.  Overtorquing is the best way to
damage them, btw. :)

> Anyone else see any metal specks in the oil?

That's perfectly reasonable, assuming that the QR25 is still an
internal combustion engine with metal parts inside it.

> Gotta find a bigger filter for that car, if it'll fit.

I'm not sure if Nissan makes one, but it'd be good to know once
somebody finds out.  That filter's used on most of the '02 lineup,
from what I hear, so an H-D model may exist, or it may not.  Don't
trust your engine to anything other than a Nissan filter, by the way,
this is one of the few things I actually speak from experience on.

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |