Drinking at the convention

LDMartin LDMartin" <LDMartin@email.msn.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:36:34 -0600

> I suggest we start a new club and mailing list, it can
> be called the SE-R owners for temperance.
> My name is Mike Kojima and I have been sober for 6
> days.

Mr. Kojima, I'd like to present Ms. Carrie Nation.  Ms. Nation may I
introduce Mr. Mike Kojima (never mind her ax Mr. Kojima, she's really very
sweet, makes all of her own clothes and all the girls just *love* her).  The
WCTU (Women's Christian Temperance Union) rides again!

This hellion was the lady who began what ended as Prohibition.  One great
description of her:

Self-righteous and formidable, Nation mocked her opponents as "rum-soaked,
whiskey-swilled, saturn-faced rummies."

Now I know some of you guys were "rum soaked and whiskey swilled" but surely
no one was "Saturn faced"!!!  The horror, the horror................

Larry Martin
'92 Classic