JIC-Magic coilover group buy

Brian Carvalho brian@unXplodedbomb.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:20:14 -0600

>  - Does anyone currently run this setup?

There are many people running them on lexus', toyota, subaru's, etc..
They seem very happy with them.  They are relatively new over
here in the US,  but they are a very famous and well respected
company in Japan and on their racing circuit.

There was someone with a P11 that was running them and then
sold his car to another SE-R owner.  His name is Dan and I'm
not sure whether he's on this list,  but if he is he will tell you he
definately loves them!  I'm not sure if he had AGX/GC on his
SE-R though...

>  - Why would I buy these over an AGX / GC combo for $975?

>  - How do "pillow ball mounts" and more height adjustment
> justify the extra dough?

I wouldnt really care about the increased height adjustment,
there's only so far you can go before you get too low for comfort.
The GC's will get you plenty low as will the JIC.

The pillowball mounts are definately a plus.  They increase the
responsiveness and smoothness of your suspension.  The top of
the shock pivots on a ball joint.

Also the JIC shocks are shortened,  which I dont believe the AGX
are.

We're talking about a $100 difference,  which is worth way more
IMHO.

The AGX does offer adjustable shock damping which the SF-1
does not,  however if you're interested we can get you the SA-1
for another $200 or so.  It offers 5 way damping adjustment.

Brian