P10 (G20) AAC / Idle Problem

RiCeCubE77@cs.com RiCeCubE77@cs.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:15:12 -0600

Eh......... I've recently taken my car into the dealer (yes the dealer) to
get my idle reset to spec at 800 rpm.
Before, the car was really boggy at start, but wouldn't drop idle whenever i
was going around and shifted to neutral.
Say, when pulling up to a light,  stomp on clutch, take out of gear, and
press brake...... the idle would slowly go back to 900rpm or so. Though not
set correctly, the falling idle wouldn't stall the car. The dealership reset
the idle "correctly" to 800 rpm, and now my car stalls if i don't tap the gas
to keep RPM's up. I shift to neutral while rolling to a stop light, then the
car either drops RPM's to 200 or so..... or stalls out. I have to now tap the
gas to slow the RPM drop and have it catch itself at 800. This is getting to
be a pain in the @$$, especially while stalling on feeder roads going 50 and
having to start the car ;)

HELP!

What should i do? .... Just adjusting the screw on the AAC valve to raise
RPMs will take my idle off spec though...

-Phil