Excessive drinking (was RE: convention)

NismoDriver@aol.com NismoDriver@aol.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:38:52 -0600

What a convention is all I have to say. I have wanted to go to one for the
past two years. Torry (Slursky) picked me up in New Orleans on his way
through from Florida. He drove 32 hours of which I was along for 23. I got to
put over 1k miles on his Spec V, definietly a nice car. The test facility was
great, as were the folks at Brown and Brown Nissan for hosting the
Meet-n-Greet session. Later that night, a few of us were out on the patio
having drink when Kojima walked out, odly enough it started raining and quit
shortly after he headed in, coincidence? The track day kicked ass,
unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery in my camera, so I have no pics.
I had an awesome time workin turn 1. It may be hot, ya might get sunburned,
and ya may have to piss like no tomorrow with no where to go, but its the
next best thing to driving. I did get some rides, it was a blast. The whole
thing was organized to the last detail. It definitely made ti a funtime for
all. In case of you were wondering "the squat" was brought up again this
year, you folks will be glad to know that both a skinny guy (Shannon
Fitzpatrick) and a fat guy(me) nailed it with no effort. The night got a
little crazy, but no harm done, aside from my "walking it off" endeavor
turned into telling the sidewalk and some bushes my innermost thoughts for
about an hour. The BBQ/show/raffle, was awesome. The food was great, the cars
were gorgeous, and I made out fairly well in the raffle! All in all, a great
vacation. However, next year I will be driving in the event, who ever is
organizing the next one, find me a joint that rents exotics..muhahahaha!
Thanks for Listening!
John