SR20DE Turbo kit and oil fittings

Clay McLendon claymclendon@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:04:23 -0600

That was Rick's suggestion as well.. to use a T-adaptor (or right angle
adaptor) to reduce the moment acting on the inlet into the block.  Yes
the Autometer sending unit is huge compared to the stock one.  That is
why I had to extend it out from the block.  The Autometer sending unit
wouldn't fit because of interference with the power steering bracket I
believe.   The extra weight plus the long extension was a recipe
for disaster.  The extension broke right at the block leaving most of the
threads in the block.   I saw the trial of oil, jumped in the car and
saw 0 oil pressure (on the gauge) and just about freaked.  It turns out I
didn't even loose half a quart though!

 I believe I have seen some digital pics of the setup you mentioned, but
I can't remember where.  I'll check the archives so I can get some ideas
on how I might fix mine.

clay

----Original Message Follows---- From: Tom Paule To: Clay McLendon ,
se-r@lists.deskmedia.com Subject: Re: SR20DE Turbo kit and oil fittings
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:24:01 -0800 (PST) Clay, You hung the big
Autometer sending unit off a 2" extension, right? What I did on my car
(and have done on 2 others) it so make 2 Ts off the inlet for the stock
sending unit. All 3 cars have have coutless miles and no leaks. What
leaked, the extension? How much heavier is the Autometer sending unit
than the stocker? I have both at home, so I'll take a look myself
tonight. I'll bet it's the difference in weight that is the killer. Tom
FREE Yahoo! Mail - the world's greatest free email!
http://mail.yahoo.com/