[SoCal-SERCA] Re: 2002 Convention wrap up..

Justin McClanhan mcclanah@email.arizona.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:37:31 -0600

I'll try and sum up the whole weekend better, once I'm all caught up
with everything.  I'm still recuperating from the whole weekend.  I
guess all that prepping for the convention all last week didn't help too
much.  Friday night I managed a full 3 hours of sleep before heading to
the track all day.  Getting home from the drags around 1:00 or so,
eating dinner, then getting to bed around 2:00, and then being up at
5:00am to make it to the track by 6:00 to start setting everything up
probably wasn't the best thing to do, but  I don't have any regrets.
The first 3 sessions out I kept getting my lines down better and better,
and by the third session, I was able to stay close to Ben (in Kyle's
car) and Kirk (in his turbo 200) for a couple laps, but then Kirk got
black flagged (I forget why, I think maybe passenger's arm out the
window, or something like that, I just remember it wasn't Kirk's fault,
cause I was right behind him, and I couldn't figure out why they flagged
him) but then when Ben had some open track to work with, he started to
pull from me pretty well. I guess that happens when you have a lighter
car making more hp with better suspension and stickier tires :-P  After
about 3-4 laps I'd enter the straight right as he was exiting it, and
after that I didn't see him again for the rest of the session.  I had a
BLAST out on the track.  I think those Falken Azenis tires made the
biggest difference, they were GREAT!  They stayed sticky throughout the
day, and even with the very slick conditions on the track (especially
the oval section) provided a ton of grip all day long.  Even the
instructor at the beginning of the day asked if I was on street tires or
slicks and what kinda suspension I had on the car.  And to think, I only
have GC's and AGX's, nothing else. I can't wait to see how it does once
someone finally makes bushings and more suspension stuff for the G20.
:-D

Friday and Sunday were great too. didn't win anything at the raffle, but
I guess that's probably a good thing, considering I was the one that was
in charge of all the tickets and stuff.  We had an unbelievable amount
of prizes for the raffle (thanks Chuck!).  The car show was fun too.
What I would give for a Skyline (yes, even a GT-S).

I think everything went very smoothly.

Justin McClanahan

95 G20  (red, tired, and trying to catch up.)

YIKES!  500+ e-mails waiting for me! (if you e-mailed me, it may take me
a day or so to get back to you)