2002 Convention wrap up..

Kyle R. Davis kyle93ser@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:26:43 -0600

Well, that was a long 3 days for me!  I had a blast, sure was alot of work!
I had a great time meeting new people, and hanging out with old friends from
afar.

I'd like to send out a huge thanks to all the people and vendors involved in
helping us to make this years convention all that it turned out to be!!

First I'd like to thank my wife Michelle for allowing me to spend so much
time on the planning/working of the convention, I'd also like to thank her
for making all but 2 of the flags we used for the track event (Scott Higashi
was cool enough to make the last two, thanks Scott!)  So now I've got
SHigSpeed Flags? ;-)  Michelle also took care of the food preperations, so
if you liked the food, she's the one to blame.

Next I'd like to thank all of the AZ-SERCA crew, you guys ROCK!  Chuck,
Justin, Jason, Terry, Eric, Joe, Alex, Brad and Keith (and my cousin
"Jeremy" that came down from Reno just to check all this SE-R stuff out, who
also won a clutch in the raffle, and swapped it to Tim for the motor he won,
then he gave it to me!).  You guys all did your part, and assisted in a
great convention!

The sponsors that kicked down for the raffle, Mossy Nissan, HotShot
Performance, Place Racing, SR20 Dev, Volcano Polishing, Apex, Street Flight
(these vendors came out and represented at the convention!).. Aswell as all
the other sponsors that donated some great items for the raffle! The list of
all the vendors is located at:

http://www.serca.org/convention/sponsors.html

To the guys that helped with the tech on track day, (Rob Cadle, Ben
Rockwell, Mike Kojima, and..Carlos I think..ah.. I don't know who else, I
was real busy that morning.
Also, a special thanks to Carlos and Socal SERCA.. Because of Carlos'
assisting me, we were able to setup the club membership of SERCA and NASA!
That's right.. for all of you that are out there and SERCA members... you're
now a member of NASA!  Thanks again Carlos for all your help man, you came
through for me and SERCA again!

Next on my list is John Lindsey with NASA National, John jumped on a plane
late Friday night, to come here from LA just for the day on Sat, to help us
run a VERY smooth track event.  He brought along two of the guys from
NASA-AZ, and I couldn't be happier with the job they did.  I see this as the
start of a long mutually beneficial relationship between NASA and SERCA..
Thanks John!

Also I'd like to throw a HUGE thanks to the people that stepped up and
offered to work the corners at the track day!  It was a bit sunny out, and
some got too much sun, but with out your help, the track event would not
have went so well!

For those of you that did run at the track event, you guys did a great job
as well.. there were no major off course issues, no seriously banged up cars
(that I know of), and I think my car was the only one that spun a rod
bearing. ;-(   Again, I'd like to thank my cousin for swapping the clutch he
won to Tim for that motor Tim won from SR20Dev... I can use it now!

Lastly, the phrase(s) I came away with from this convention:

"Flat spotted/cords showing tire, Spun rod bearing, damn my seat's is now
stretched, wouldn't be a convention with out Kojima!!"
"If Paule tells you to sit back down, DON'T DO IT!!"