stalling update

Enoch Chow exc8636@njit.edu
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:28:22 -0600

ok, i took the suggestion of ken kubotani, and used dielectric grease.  i
put it on the ends of the spark plug wires, and in between the cap and
distributor.  first off, this helped my engine a lot!  the engine does not
dip when i use and power accessories, even when i use all 4 windows at the
same time!!!

but...it rained today again, late afternoon.  i drove it all morning, with
no ill problems.  once it started to rain, the problem came back, not as
serious as before, but the stumbling is still present.  i heard someone say
that there is a distributor cover.  where do get this from? the dealer?

also, does anyone think that maybe it is the battery terminals?

on a side note.  after the stumbling started, i decided to turn off the
radio, so that i can hear the engine better.  after i take the cd out, i try
to close it (its a sony flip-down).  but it wouldn't flip up.  after i got
home, i needed to reset it.  this usually happens only after i disconnect
the battery.  which leads me to believe that mayb there is something with
the battery...

thanx for any more suggestions.  i'm already quite happy that the engine
doesn't dip with the power equipment.  now if only i can get rid of this
pesky stalling thing.

Enoch Chow
http://ewok.nissanpower.com