Clutch replaced...pedal feels funky

Mohammad J. Baig vt_mughal@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:33:00 -0600

Hello all:  Just had the JWT clutch put in and everything is good.  There is
one minor problem.  I had the clutch cable replaced as well and the clutch
pedal now has a "grindy" feel to it.  When you press or release it it feels
like rough metal grinding against rough metal.  Kind of like the feel you
would get if you were using a metal file to grind some alluminum......any
ideas anyone ?

The mechanic says that all the nissans he's had, have that feel.  My old
cable did not do this...it was nice and smooth.  Maybe the cable just needs
some breaking in ????

TIA

Mohammad