Engine Idle-ing problem...

J cyberblinky@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:33:36 -0600

  Hey everyone...

    I know, I know... more questions about intakes. (I
swear I will be done soon!  Hopefully)  Anyways, I
just installed the Blitz-Type POP filter in my 1996
200sx SE-R (78,000 miles).  The temperature guage is
mounted on the front of the filter, just like the
JWT-POP one.  The problem I have is the car does not
like to stay running at all... Gas, idle, you name it,
and it stalls.  The Idle starts at about 1K and slowly
bounces down to 800..600...400..200...stall.  With my
foot on the gas, it jerkily tries to keep up, bouncing
up thru the rpms without any sort of accuracy. (I
couldn't get the engine to over 3k.)  I tried
resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery and
having it "learn" the new air intake ?(Is this really
what it does... I was running out of ideas by this
point...?)  Discouraged, I put the old stock filter
and box back in and it worked like a charm.  Grrr...
Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I would like to
finally get to some other upgrades for the car
soon...! because I am getting tooo accustomed to the
break-down and put-back of my *stock* air intake
setup!  Lol.  Thanks everyone, sorry this was so long!

  Jason
   Cyberblinky@Yahoo.com