Spec V first service / recall notices

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:17:22 -0600

Just took my Spec V in for it's 3,000km first service.

Recalls dealt with:

Headlight adjustment tamperproof caps installed:
"C 2001-2002 Sentra Headlight Adjuster Vol - Safety Recall Campaign
Cause: Installed Tamper Resistant Caps
     R10061 Tamper-Resistant Locking Cap"

"2002 B15 Sentra SE-R and SE-R Spec V,
   Front floor mat only
CAUSE: REPLACED FLOOR MATS  AS PER Voluntary Safety Campaign
    R20031 2002 Sentra Floor Mats:
    G4911-8M140 MATS B15U
    G4912-8M140 MATS B15U"

So it looks like the reports of peoples floormats jamming the gas pedal on
are real!

Also got my fog lights replaced and adjusted ( they used to be aimed WAY
too low!)
And I asked the dealer to alter the switch so that when the fog lights turn
on,  the headlights switch to the daytime driving lights setting.

I supplied my own Mobil1 as the dealer wanted $12 a litre!! ($7.50 USD)
Picked some up at Crappy Tire for $26 for a 4 litre jug.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!