HELP, NEED OPNIONS AND ADVICE

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:18:38 -0600

> Most people outside the Nissan community drool over
> having the option of a tuned ECU for $700.  I don't
> know why people complain about JWT ECU's at all, it's
> like they don't appreciate a good thing when they have
> it. ... When the time comes for my ECU
> I'll be dropping them whatever money while a smile and
> a big hearty Thanks.

I'm not talking of 250hp+ setups. For those THAT is where the JWT ECU
is king. I'm talking T25 with stock boost bolted on to a USDM DE. I would
recommend 370cc injectors with a DET ECU, although you can run with 370s
and your stock ECU, or stock injectors, ECU, and FPR. The only problem
it seems with running a DET ECU on a 9.5:1 DE is that you would have to
play with timing a bit to get it right due to the difference in
compression between the motors. Otherwise T25 with Bluebird manifold,
370cc injectors and BB DET ECU and you got 200whp, all for at or below
$1000. Beats the hell out of a $400 HS header.

Ben Davis
200whp is a GOOD thing