my battery discharges when its below 30 or so(long)

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:56:10 -0600

Nick McCollom wrote:

>I dont get it, mycars battery dies every time its cold.
    <snip>
>I put a new alternator on about 3-4 weeks ago, the battery I got last winter.
    <snip>
>I've replaced an amp with a new amp for the stereo and added a stinger
>distribution block for my two amps. could something be draing it here?
    <snip>
>I've pulled the fuse on it today too.

Well, when it comes to electricity I'm as big a knuckle dragger as there
is.  But....

It could be the alternator.  Did you replace with a Nissan alternator or an
aftermarket reman?

Could be your amps are shorting somewhere.

Someone on the 944 list just had a similar problem.  He eventually taken
all the fuses out and still traced a voltage to ground.  Turned out it was
his alternator.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>