P10 Whine under the hood

Brian Jones jonesbri@cfl.rr.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:19:58 -0600

Welp...I'm not sure quite where to pinpoint it...but
Its definatly coming from up front...and increases the
Noise as the RPM's go up.

It's a 93.5, 84k on the car...and original accessories.
Oh yah...and the battery is in the trunk now with
2 gauge running to it.

I don't know if the A/C could whine or the water pump,
So I'm suspecting the alternator.  One thing that I
Noticed is that if I DO turn on the A/C...the whine
Is a little bit louder.  I'm guessing this could be that
The alternator is now having to pick up a little
More load?  (maybe from the fans??)  Soo..

Is it time for a new alternator or something else?
Thanks for any advice...

-Brian Jones
93.5 G