Wiring Questions

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:04:28 -0600

> are you guys saying that you are connecting to the
> dimming switch to enable
> yourself to dim the lights?

***Yes, with a test light grounded to the chassis,
probe the 3 wires leading to the dimmer switch. Find
the wire that lights up when the parking lights come
on. Even when you turn the dimmer down, this wire will
*not* change voltage. The gauge he is installing will
*not* dim with the dimmer. It will stay bright at all
times when the lights are on, regardless of the
position of the dimmer.

The dimmer switch just happens to be an easy place to
get to for tapping into a parking light source. That
is all. I persoanlly do not care if my boost gauge
dims with the dimmer. I don't even use the dimmer
ever! What is it for anyways? Why would you want to
not see your gauge cluster?

Our Nissan's use a
> reverse negative variable
> grounding system, so it won't work.