Wiring Questions

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:48:39 -0600

> I'm trying to figure out where I should tap the
> ignition and parking lights
> for my fuel pressure guage.  Any recommendations?

***For the ignition, tap into the cluster of wires
that lead to the ignition switch, under the steering
column.

For the parking lights, you can tap into the dimmer
switch.

> Also, where do you guys run wires through the
> firewall?

***I *never* go through the firewall. I prefer cleaner
method to run wires into the engine bay. Next to the
left door grommet, there should be a hole with a
rubber plug (on B14s) or a hole with wires that lead
to the fog light relay (B13s). Use these holes or use
the hole where the hood release cable goes. You can
easily access these holes by jacking up the left side
of the car and removing the fender liner. Then run the
woires into the engine bay where the cruise control
vacuum hose goes.

You will see this very easily once you remove the
fender liner. This looks way better than drilling
holes in your firewall.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely