Power windows/locks in classic SE-R?

Jon Davis jfdavis@epix.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:52:19 -0600

David Daniel wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has put power windows and or power locks on
their
> classic SE-R?  If so did you use parts from another classic or aftermarket
> parts?

I put power locks and power trunk release on my '92. I raided an older
Maxima (4DSC style - remember those?) in a junkyard for relays and
actuators. It took a little drilling and fabricating, but nothing
extraordinary. I hooked them all to my alarm, so I don't have any switches
to deal with. I don't trust aftermarket stuff, I would much rather have
something Nissan put in there. The aftermarket stuff I've seen looked
rinky-dink in comparison.

JD