B14 SE-R Fuel Pump Install

Carl H cfh_ser@yahoo.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:17:39 -0600

--- Jay Stewart <jay@nx2k.com> wrote:
> I know, he works for Wal-Bro or whoever makes their
> pumps.

You somehow manage to make my employer sound like two
guys who re-label some Taiwanese pumps in garage in a
bad part of town.  On the contrary: We make our own
pumps in Michigan, France, and Brazil. We also make
our own fuel pump modules in Connecticut, France,
Brazil, and Mexico. We hold the patent on supply-side
jet modules which gives the competition fits.  The B14
by the way uses a return side jet and it is to
Nissan's credit that they can make it work as well as
they do. We have been and are O.E. on Chrysler, Ford,
GM (the 255 lph pump is based on our pump used in the
C5 Vette and Viper), Jaguar, Peugeot, Citroen,
Renault, Fiat, Lancia and more.  We blow mold
multi-layer seamless plastic fuel tanks in Indiana,
Connecticut and several European plants.  We now have
an O.E. pump contract with Nissan.  We sell our high
performance pumps to Edelbrock, Holley, Jackson
Racing, Ligenfelter Performance Engineering, BBK,
Central Coast Mustang, Saleen, Steeda, Vortech (the
old T-Rex inline pump is not ours) just to name a few.
 You see our pumps in Trans-Am cars, Jaguar and Arrows
F1 cars, WRC cars, ASA roundy-round cars etc.  Walbro
(no hyphen) was purchased a couple of years ago by TI
Automotive (about a 2.5 billion dollar company)and
this in no way has affected where the pumps are made.
It has combined us with Bundy Corp. which makes TI the
only company that can offer a complete tank to rail
fuel storage and delivery system to an automaker.

> But I do know for a fact that the pump design heats
> up the fuel more.
> I've been doing some secret testing. I'll post my
> results once I get
> them all coherent.

I anxiously await the results of your testing.  I am
sure it will be complete and statistically
significant. I'm especially interested to see the
current draw of each of the pumps. As well as the data
I asked mentioned in a previous post.

Carl H.