B13 trunk hinge fixed....

Edward Jansen eronjansen@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:57:01 -0600

And it's not such a PITA. Even though it seems to be a crap shoot when it
comes to repairing these things effectively, I think mine is ok. I bought a
used (right/passenger) hinge & torsion bars & sprayed them a couple coats of
semi gloss black. The trick to installing the torsion bars is to replace the
hinge first (of course),  remove the rear speakers, install the "U" end of
the torsion bar first, then slide the "fork" end of a hammer into the "hook"
on the other end of the torsion bar. Rotate this end 180+ degrees & hook it
onto the hinge bracket/hook thingy. The speaker hole comes in handy to place
the handle of the hammer since without it you won't have the space to rotate
the torsion bar.

Hope this helps anyone.

Ed