"Five" 350 Z models?

Andy Makim makima@macewan.ca
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:35:48 -0600

>My attention is towards the "Enthusiasts model" how come Nissan didn't offer
>this kind of equipment or selections on the Spec V?....Do you think I could
>save money if they offer these on Spec V sentra?

I think the "stripper" versions of the 350 ended up costing more that the
standard Z.

I read some preliminary pricing for the 350 Z on www.freshalloy.com and the
Enthusiasts model is atleast $3000 more than the standard fare 250Z.

This is due to addition of many performance enhancing parts like Traction
Control System and Viscous Limited Slip.

The track model, which has minimal amenities, about $7 to $8000 more than
the standard Z. This adds Brembo brakes, Vehicle Dynamic Control, tire air
pressure monitor, spoilers front and back, lightweight 18" wheels, Xenon
lamps, TCS, etc.

I think Nissan was trying to target the Prelude and Celica market with
this. Having a performance model or a track model would've put this car out
of reach of many people (probably who are happy owners of one right now :)

>And this Track Model if I buy one, can I use this car on streets?

I don't see why not, but I can forsee that they might not sell the Track
model through dealerships if it *is* a true Track Model...

But why?, it sounds silly but I wouldn't put it past them. We'll all have
to wait and see.

Andy
Competition Director for www.V8less.com and www.Asianet.ca
'91 Turbo NX2000