"No Nascrap" petition.

Mike Whittaker m.whittaker@mindspring.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:18:11 -0600

> NASCAR, though somewhat boring to some segments, is not a bad thing in and
> of itself.  It's a GREAT thing.  It will maximize their subscribership,
> also exposing people who ordered it "Just for the NASCAR coverage" to
> forms of autosports they're not familliar with, thus opening the doors to
> an even broader sponsorship base and subsequent cashflow to sponsor new
> series' and coverage of series' not currently covered.

Interesting. I still see just as many infomercials though. And if NASCAR is
shown at the prime time spots that means we will have to either stay up late
or quit our jobs to see the programming we want. Sounds like this guy is a
marketer or sales person and doesn't actaully watch the channel therefore he
sees no problem with moving nascar into spots where it will earn the highest
# of advertising dollars. And moving everything else where it will fit.
My .02
Mike