ECU for OBD-II Cars: BACK OFF

Storm88000@aol.com Storm88000@aol.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:20:36 -0600

Joe wrote:

< Well, those of us with P11s and B15s are not so lucky as you Latter Day
 B14-ers are.  For us, it requires the purchase of a harness along with
 the ECU, reprogramming the ECU, changing the MAF, the forward O2 sensor,
 and entirely re-pinning the ECU plug.>

This is true, however I was just referring to the 98-99 SE-R and SE.  BTW
when did this thread become hostile enough where I needed to be told to "back
off" ?

<Doable?  Yes.  It's costly and time-consuming, though.  I'd much rather
 simply send JWT my B15 ECU core and a check for $600 or so, rather than
 $400 for the ECU *and* harness (used), $250 MAF and $95 O2 sensor *PLUS*
 $600 to reprogram it. >

I agree it is time consuming and frustrating knowing that  classic and 200sx
owners can just pay $595 for a JWT ECU and be done with it.  However, if you
know about the lack of parts for your B15 or P11 ahead of time theres not
really much of an argument you can or much you can do besides complaining.  I
think it's no secret - JWT isn't all that interested in doing a direct drop
in 98+ ECU, or else it would have been done already.  Besides, B13 SE-R and
95-97 200sx owners make up the vast majority of the american SR20DE
aftermarket anyway.

Jordan
'98 SE - still slow