Courtesy Nissan Rip-off

R Rensch R Rensch" <randy@rensch.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:35:51 -0600

> belt for compressor/alternator is listed for $11.57 on their site,
> but it is $12.42 on my invoice.

You're welcome to come up here and pay NYC prices.  Don't know what Factory
list is now, or whether Courtesy happens to give *all* their customers a
discount on belts, but my invoice from a belt change in August of ***96***
at Koeppel Nissan shows list and the part charge for BLT-CMPRSR as $16.65
(FWIW, the PwrStrg belt was 12.97).

And I didn't even *need* belts -- I'd brought the car in for a squeal that
we all know now is the starter.  During the belt change, the mechanic must
have leaned on the radiator, because someone tried to cover up a broken
overflow hose neck, and Koeppel wanted to stick me with $450 more for a new
radiator (wound up they bought and installed the new radiator, I paid for
new hoses. And, of course, the belts.)

Trust but verify... and count your blessings.

Randy R
ustabe 92 Classic