Courtesy Nissan Rip-off

aki hirota aki@strategixid.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:28:23 -0600

Hi lists,

I remember somebody just listed a praise to the Courtesy Nissan, but I will
do the opposite.  I usually don't do this, but I am really upset.

I have been list member for several years now and bought many parts from the
Courtesy.  One thing I always thought was that prices I paid were more
expensive than the se-r.net listed but price changes, I thought.  This time
I ordered an alternator, two belts, oil filters etc., and mentioned I was a
list member and entitled to get discount.

Turned out I was not getting discount at all.  I talked to the manager, but
he said he couldn't do anything for the purchase I made  but I would get
discount from now on. I was told I had to mention I was a list member (which
I did every time). What really make me angry is that not only did I get
discount, but I was charged more than the list price.  For example the belt
for compressor/alternator is listed for $11.57 on their site, but it is
$12.42 on my invoice. $.85 more!

I will not say something like "don't buy from them" since many people are
apparently getting great deal/service.  But there maybe some other people on
the list who are not getting what they should (or maybe I am the only stupid
one). So check and make sure. For course of the time, I paid close to $200
more that it could have been.

Aki  '93 black classic