Poor Gas mileage and CAI

Mark Holden mark@vectorworld.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:20:29 -0600

On 20.02.2002 17:11:19, Tom Paule <tapaule@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Has anyone thought this poor mileage is due to
>stepping in the gas more to hear the CAI? I averaged
>25-27 mpg with the HotShot CAI in mixed Los Angeles
>driving.

Gotta agree with Tom on this one.  My milage went
from around 25mpg to 28-30 in normal driving after
installing my Place Racing CAI.  If I really go
after the throttle, I can decrease that to 20mpg
though.  And the CAI does encourage WOT for sure.

More air = more fuel.  The CAI allows more air, but
your foot still controls how much.  Blame your
right foot.

Sent via VectorWorld.Com Webmail Interface