Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

Rick Frey rfrey@iupui.edu
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:26:23 -0600

At 07:39 PM 2/18/2002, Ben Baird wrote:
>  I don't
>think you will get the most even wear if you just swap them front to back.

I have ponder this one and I *think* I have arrived at the opinion that
this is the best way to even wear on a fwd car.  The front tires obviously
wear most from the forces exerted by the engine wearing one side of the
tire lugs .  The rears on a fwd car only wear in the opposite way with
either braking or bearing friction forces on them, wearing the other side
of the tire lug.

I guess the other way to do it would be left front to right front and left
rear to right rear, but that is out with directional tires and you'd wear
the fronts much faster than the rears.

Have I missed the banana boat, or am I its Captain?

TIA,

rick frey