gti-R vacum hose questions...

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:06:27 -0600

Hi all-I have a few questions regarding the vacum hose hook up on my gti-r
det:
1. On the waste gate part of the turbo there's a hose that goes to it.  I
traced it back and it goes up by the stock top mount intercooler then from
there i don't have a clue where it goes.  Does it go into the intake
manifold up by the air intake?

2. What's the round metal thing that's inline with the hose from the turbo
that had wires going to it? It's located near the turbo right by the
thermostat housing. I'm thinking it was some kind of safety boost item or
maybe even a boost gauge sending unit from nissan.  Any ideas?  Do i need to
keep it there?

3.  On the emissions canister (the round thing that's right under the brake
booster) where does the top, smallest hose go?

Thanks
Brent
91 se-R det in the works