Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 Tires?

Linn, Steve Steve.Linn@cornerstonecontrols.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:03:46 -0600

Ben "I am the clutch master" Davis said:
>I highly recommend the Z-rated 712s. Steve Linn has the V-rated
>ones and hates them for autocrossing so take that comment as you want.

Yep, I hate 'em.  I went from SP8000's (195/50/ZR15) to the 712's.  The 712
is not imported in to the USA in the 195/50/15 as a ZR rating, only harder
VR rating.  Although the 712 has a much stiffer sidewall, they are louder
(squeal like you can't believe) and are not as sticky as the SP8000 (my
opinion, YMMV).
Keep in mind, my point of view comes purely from an Autocrossing standpoint.
I budget to go thru a set of tires every year (10k miles and about 15
autocrosses on average) so I am more concerned with performance and grip
than I am treadwear and NVH.
I will not buy the 712's again, but for the street only, they are a very
good tire.

Steve in Indy