93.5 G20 Alignment can't align vertically

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:24:41 -0600

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com wrote:

> I would be willing to bet your upper lateral link is worn on the drivers
> side.

Could very well be.  In my case, both times it was the upright link.

> I wouldn't pay more than $125 total for labor,
> even to a dealer. Do both sides if you do them, though.

I'll go a step further.  These are the easiest things to replace.  All you
need are a pair of jackstands, a small socket set, and a set of combination
wrenches (a torque wrench would be a good idea, but not *absolutely* necessary
and they can be borrowed).  If you don't have these tools, buy them and
justify it with the money you will save from not paying the dealer monkeys.

Jack up car and place on stands.  Remove front wheels.  Unbolt.  Installation
is the reverse.  It's that simple.

George Roffe