Tint removal

Mark Joplin joplinma@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:28:06 -0600

Since I'm also a cheap homebrewer, getting labels off of "used" large
beer and champagne bottles for my reuse is sorta related.  I think.
Anyway, besides the normal bleach or ammonia soaking solutions, (NEVER
mix the two or you'll get chlorine gas!) one of the best I've found is
TSP - Tri Sodium Phosphate.  It's a general degreaser and you can find
it in the paint prep area of your local home improvement warehouse.  Mix
it up in a squirt bottle and soak.  Doesn't smell nearly as strong as
the other two either.
Disclaimer: I've never used TSP for tint removal, but it should work,
YMMV.

Mark