Response to 2002 2nd Gear "thunk"

Patrick Martin patrick_martin33@hotmail.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:35:20 -0600

I said something a day or two ago about exactly this.

This happens on the se-r's and the spec-v's. I had them evaluate it when I
had my car in for some other things.

They said everyone complains about it, (they're a HUGE volume dealer) but
that's just the way it is (this year).

It sorta "thunks" badly and pulls hard into second gear some times. Does
this car have a dual synchro mesh on second? Could that do it? I notice it
lessens if the car is totally warmed up, and if maybe you pull the shifter
left along the gate into second, but that' just me.

patrick martin
2002 se-r
www.yardgnome.org/ser

something different to the shifting when going from first to second (than
from the other gears 2-6)???? anyone? I'm hoping that it's not just my
car..... just checking...... Drive hard my friends!