JDM SR20DE

PCT Hiker pcthiker@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:01:39 -0600

At 12:36 PM 2/15/02 -0600, "James Pattullo" <jpattullo@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Well i got my new JDM SR20. it came with an automatic tranny. will my
>5 speed bolt right up to the flywheel?

Can't say I've seen your exact engine, but: My Bluebird DET motor was an
auto, and the 5sp manual tranny bolted right up, after I figured how to get
the damn torque converter off ;-)  Except for a couple of smaller bolts
near the bottom, and that was because the DET upper oilpan is
different.  Isn't your primera block the same part number as the US
SR20?  IIRC the only differences are in intake, exhaust, and higher comp.
pistons, giving slightly better hp/tq numbers...

Adam
'91 w/ DET