Weapon R Intake Question

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:58:15 -0600

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 15:05, Jason Davis wrote:

> After searching the archives on the Weapon R Intake, I found there wasn't too
> much info, except that they aren't that great.

They're pretty bad, actually.  Even the Blitz all-stainless filter (in
unscientific tests) seems to scrub air better than foam filters do (they
used an HKS filter in the test I saw).  They're okay for the track, I
suppose, but you're just asking for a dirty engine and associated issues
if you run foam air filters on the street.

There are plenty of paper gauze filters out there, even in blue.
Toucan/Ractive (http://www.toucanindustries.com/) comes to mind.
Remember that you get what you pay for, though.  Go pop $40 on a genuine
K&N universal cone, $15 on a cleaning kit, and you'll be fine for
"1,000,000 Miles".  If you wanted the best filter, the A'PEXi filter
rocks, but comes with a $90 or so pricetag that clearly *doesn't* rock.

--
-=|JP|=-           Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

 '01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
 '95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |