Negotiate insurance claim?

John Campbell jcampbel@dfsfin.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:00:36 -0600

<The insurance company has made their offer on the claim for my stolen 92>
<Classic, but it seems low.>
I would start by calling the adjuster or your agent and explaining why it
seems low. You might have to present some evidence, i.e: actual selling
prices for cars in the same condition. Make sure you play Mr. Niceguy w/ the
adjuster, not that the ball is completely in his court but his ball is
cheaper/easier to bounce. Don't accept any offer that you feel is
unreasonable and understand that they are only going to put you back to
where you were before the loss. If you absolutely can't get the adjuster to
present a reasonable offer you should be able to get an adjuster of your own
and the two will have to come to an agreement. Your policy should detail
this option, or just ask your agent.
Hope this helps.

John Campbell
99 SE-L that wants a VVL