3" Custom Exhaust 200SX **PICS**

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 01:09:20 -0600

> Here are a few pics (the rubber hose is to stop that
> FREAKING NOISE,
> temporarily):

***A couple of things I noticed from the pics.

1. The bend over the axle is *way* to close to the
beam (lower part). The bend should go up a lot higher
and almost hit the underside of the car and then come
back down and into the muffler.

They did it the easy way and made one bend to get up
above the axle and then straight into the muffler.
The rear section should be more like this:

45 degrees to get up. 45 degrees to straighten out. a
couple inches of straight pipe. 90 to get back down
and 90 into the back of the muffler.

or

45 up. wide radius 90 to get back down. 45 back into
the muffler.

2. The exhaust appears to be one piece. How are you
supposed to remove the exhaust in the future without
cutting it?  It should be flanged in the rear before
it reaches the top of the axle. This makes it possible
to remove if necessary.

I hate muffler shop punks.

Did they provide a new 3" flange at the cat or did
they use your old stock one?

If you lived around here, I would have built your
exhaust for you. I am glad you got it figured out
though. If you still need pics of my setup assembled
on the ground, let me know.

Good luck,

=====
Jay Whitely