3" Custom Exhaust 200SX

Jay Stewart jay@nx2k.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:34:20 -0600

>I found that where the exhaust goes over the rear beam
>(actually the beam actuating arm) I only have 1 inch
>clearance with the car unloaded.

How old are your exhaust hangers? Nissan hangers are pretty wimpy and
sag over time, I have seen this cause a lot of problems. Replace the
hangers, that will help some, and you may need to use the zip tie trick
to keep them from stretching. (Wrap a zip tie around them before they
stretch to slow the process. And the other thing might be a dent in the
pipe, I have had to do that for clearance reasons as well. Dent pics
here: http://www.nx2k.com/nx2000/exhaust.htm

Good luck,
Jay