Spec-V vs Matrix

Patrick Martin patrick_martin33@hotmail.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:05:24 -0600

I picked mine up for about 16.5K US with leather, a lot of the altimas I've
seen are more than the maximas, nearly twice as much as what I paid for my
2K2 SE-R.... especially since the altimas in particular seem to only come
totally loaded. 'Round here if you want a stripper, you best head to "the
night shift".

But you are right, the maxima and altima 3.5 are faster than the stock
"minima" as I like to call it, and the shifter certainly is the weak point
of the new SE-R  (my other problems aside).

It seems to border on "suck" unless the car is very solidly warmed up, (like
fully in the middle of the temp gauge). If it's not, it tends to be a bit
sticky, notchy, and "thunky"... at least compared to some other cars like
maybe a prelude or something.

Though given it's maxima lineage, it's probably much stronger than the
legendarily cheesy honduh trannies (most noteably the civics)... course you
get similar problems in Supras much beyond 400 HP (plus terrible clutch life
as I understand, hence the all automatic supra years)....

just my 2 cents.

>>>who really wants
to buy a 21K Sentra with leather and a shifter that feels worse than a Mack
Dump truck. For a about 30-50 bux a month more U can have a Altima 3.5SE or
Max SE in a manual and just about leave the Sentra in the dust. I drive a