Fuel Economy, 2002 SE-R

John Cozine jcozine@cinci.rr.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:51:06 -0600

>> I was wondering, since I'm having that apparent oil burning problem (but
>> not seeing any leakage, or blue smoke) what are you guys with 5 speed
>> 2002's getting for fuel economy?

>How many miles on your car?  Mine lost about a quart of oil in the first
>?3000 miles, I am almost at 5k now and haven't lost any since. Give it time.

The same thing happened to me - I lost a quart in the first 1500 miles but
it seems to have slowed down, although I'm not sure that it's completely
stopped.

Still, if you're losing a quart a tank that seems pretty unlikely to improve
much.  That's a lot of freaking oil.

John
2002 Altima 2.5S
ex 96 SE-R w/stuff