Oil Cooler / Fuel Cooler

Rick Frey rfrey@iupui.edu
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:14:28 -0600

At 12:54 PM 2/8/2002, geo3@earthlink.net wrote:
>Gregg, Daryl quiksr20@z10eng.com wrote:

> >Worth A look...
> >http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/tech/oilcooler/index.html

>Just be careful when looking at other cars to make the determination.  Some
>engines rely on the oil for cooling more than others.

It seems to me that properly cooled oil is a plus for any car.

my advice.....

Everyone with a performance car should put in an oil cooler.  However, I
suggest that the piping be valved (through manually thrown ball valves or
whatever) to allow bypass of the cooler.  For normal driving, shunt the oil
around the cooler, for heavy stop and go traffic or track driving, switch
the cooler in the oil circuit.

Always shoot for the best of both world, but limit compromises.  This is
why, imho, waste gated turbos are so advantageous.  Here, the only
disadvantage is manual manipulation and a few ounces of weight.

$0.01

rick frey