Continuing 2002 SE-R engine troubles.

Patrick Martin patrick_martin33@hotmail.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:07:47 -0600

So as many of you may know my 2002 SE-R was burning about a quart of oil per
tank of gas when I got it new. Fortunately I found out about it about 1/2
quart into it and was able to watch it until the dealer could see it. (If
you recall they honest to god actually flew out a Nissan engineer to
diagnose it).

They replaced the cat and the O2 sensor, along with basically every other
sensor, and it was fine (for a while).

Now it's back to burning about 1 quart of Mobile 1 5w/30 (dealer recommended
weight) every 350 miles so needless to say it's going back to the dealer
again next week where I will have to demand the pull the motor and replace
it with a 4 cycle one.

No engine light this time though, so keep an eye on yours, could be a
gremlin in this new engine. My engine is unmodified to date (other than the
oil swap) and has a bit over 3K on it (changed the oil at 1.5K to
synthetic).

-Patrick Martin
2002 SE-R Blackout
www.yardgnome.org/ser