FAST SE-R

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:23:45 -0600

No you can beat a Geo Metro no problem as well as most
D series Civics and even the 5 coveted Si or GSR with
some minor work.

But not a properly built mild B18C powered Civic 4th
or 5th gen. A B18c with a JDM CTR manfold, JDM exhaust
manifold, JDM CTR pistons and JDM cams with a little
mild headwork can easily put out 185 hp to the wheels,
in a light package like the Civic, that is a lot of
power to weight ratio.  A mildly gutted Civic can
weight 1900 lbs, just a super mild gutting will weigh
2100 lbs.

My SE-R weighs 2480 lbs and has 172 wheel hp.  Even
though it is pretty correctly built and has pretty
state of the art wheels, brakes, tires and suspension,
a Civic modifed like the latter, gave me a real hard
time on the track even though it had stock brakes and
not as good of a suspension system.

When I drove Ken Nords SCCA ITA CRX with a sad nearly
stock D16 motor making a sreaming 100 wheel hp and
mushy faded brakes, I was eating se-rs right and left
driving 8/10's  This is due to the Honda's light
weight and excellent race prepped suspension.  Light
means easy on brakes motor and tires, shorter braking
distances and higher cornering speeds.

The CRX was very unforgiving though and would be hard
to drive at 10/10ths.

Mike

Mike