OT - S13/S14 Parts (long sorry)

Justin B fatnakedmidgets@hotmail.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:36:38 -0600

I'm posting this to the list as I've seen more than one post regarding this
- sorry for the off-topic.

Are you kidding??

You should have been around 4 years ago when there was really NOTHING
available for the 240SX. I mean nothing. NO headers, only Borla / HKS
available for exhaust (and those were hard to find) and only the JWT /
Stillen pop charger for an intake.

Many of the parts available for the 240 were developed by the 240SXCCA's
members directly approaching the manufacturers and volunteering their cars
as testbeds and then list members pre-paying for parts not even fully
developed yet.

I honestly believe that the internet is at least partially responsible for
much of the aftermarket support for the 240. And there are even places like
http://www.unstable-hybrids.com, http://www.heavythrottle.com, and
http://www.pdm-racing.com that were started by 240SX CCA members and still
specialize in supplying parts for the 240SX. And there is
http://www.enjukuracing.com that was also started by a 240SXCCA member and
supplies parts for many cars.

If you want to talk no aftermarket support, I have an 87 S12 I can sell
you... ;)

-Justin

Message: 9
From: "Steve Baune" <sbaune@attbi.com>
>there are More parts for the S14 chassis out there than the B13-14-15
>combined.... I dunno how can U make that assumption.

Actually there are not that many parts available for the s14, I can make
that assumption due to the fact that I have an s13 chassis 240sx and am
active in the NICO 240 forums which people are always complaining on why
they don't make very many parts for the s14. They make the usual bolt-ons,
but you don't have very many choices as to which company you would like to
go with. AEM, place racing and injen are the only three reputable companies
that make a good intake for the car, as for headers hotshot, greddy, and
pacesetter are the only real good ones for it. The motor is hard to get
parts for because it is not really a japanese motor, the sr20 on the other
hand is.

Branden Baune
1990 240sx