FAST SE-R

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 06:16:56 -0600

Jon Pennington wrote:

> > Don't kid yourself.  I get really tired of reading this (not picking on
> you
> > specifically Jon).

>Yes you are, but I can take it. ;)

No, I'm not.  It gets said a lot.

> > Of course, at the start, the SE-R has more torque than everyone else and
> > blows by them. :-)

>Case in point.

Races are not won at the start.  Many are lost.  Cliche', I know.  But true.

>Try this one on for size:  Dollar for dollar, there's no
>replacement for displacement.  Oh, I can see every QR25DE owner chuckling
>now...and Geo squirming in discomfort...I'm gonna' get it this time... ;)

I'm not squirming.  The QR has more hp.

I'll say it again, race cars spend almost all of their time at the top 2k
of their rev range.  I'll also say again that hp is a function of torque
and rpm.  You cannot really separate hp from torque.  Peak numbers,
yes.  But peak numbers don't mean a thing.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20  (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>