Calling all Cam (S3) pros, Please read!!!

Viola Armstrong yesous2@earthlink.net
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:09:56 -0600

OK here's the story. I went to see a local list member/mechanic to have
him inspect my cams. If you remember I had the low dyno # and the
distrbutor advanced all the way out but the timing was reading only 17
de. Joe @ Rosen told me that I needed to inspect my exhaust cam. Well we
set the motor @ TDC and everything lined up ok. intake mark @ 10 &
exhaust mark @ 1, 20 dots on the links between the marks. No abnormal
wear to the cams or any part of the head. Now I'm puzzled! The mechanic
did mention to me that the timing should be set by the ECU not the
distributor. News to me! Anyway I'm headed over there tomorrow to try to
set the distributor to the center and then set the timing by the ECU. Any
ideas on what other things I should look for? Has this happened to anyone
else? How did you fix it? Heeellllppppp!  Joel            --- Joel &
Viola Armstrong     Walk by Faith not by Sight--- yesous2@earthlink.net---
EarthLink: The #1 provider of the Real Internet.