Lowering

Qualudia101@aol.com Qualudia101@aol.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:31:49 -0600

In a message dated 2/4/2002 6:02:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
shersta@ilstu.edu writes:

> Frank,

> I've got a '93 classic as well, and for a while, I had the same set up
> you do now (stock wheels, KYB's, ST bars). I don't recall the car being
> raised at all. Are you experiencing any drivability problems (binding,
> squeaking, etc.)?....................
> Good Luck

> Scott
> '93 classic w/ no respect

Scott: I've checked the install and according to the instructions looks done
properly,however I can't be sure without taking the whole thing apart. There
is some squeaking from the rear sway bar,so I lubed with spray teflon just as
an exercise and it reduced it quite a bit even though I didn't really get
inside the bushings. All else seems ok. It does look like the front has come
down a bit since first installed.( I measured all this but lost the paper I
wrote it on). Driveability seems fine although the stering feels lighter,not
sure why,I'm thinking it is because camber may be close to positive(not sure
about that). Drives straight as an arrow hands free on level road,tends to
understeer more,but the front tires are kind of worn smooth,(Spinning off the
line probably added to this,happens again around 4100 RPM on smooth
roads)(Automatic by the way). Plan to swap the rears which have been there
since I got this new set.

I guess it looks like the Pro Kit or ST's with the KYB G2-R's I have setup I
have. I'll try to set the camber more negative as you point out,and see if it
settles more. Otherwise I like the increased handling, and it does take off
straight as opposed to wheel spin from side to side as it was before I
installed the sways and shocks.

I pretty much drive the street and don't compete so it's just every day fun.

thanks for the detailed response, appreciate

Frank 93 SE-R
KYB GR-2's
ST front and rear Sways
Stillen Tower Strut Brace