ECU swapping in 2000+ with Immobilizer...

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:41:44 -0600

"brian@UnXplodedBomb.com" wrote:

> Therefore,  trying to start the car w/ only the 95-97 ECU
> will lock you out after 5 tries...  hopefully my theory works
> so we wont have this problem.

I know there is more to it then that.  5 tries in a certain
time period.

I believe the B15 has it as well.  I believe its probably even
easier then you think.  Fuel pump is on I felt it.  Starter works.
Not sure if injectors are on or if there is spark.

Does the FSM show what else is being fed to the NVIS?  Ignition
signal?  Is Pin 116 the only pin that goes to the NVIS?

My guess is there is another pin on NVIS that goes to the ECU
telling it the key passed.  Or either the injectors or
ingintion circuit or both run thru NVIS.

If there is another pin swapping the ECU removes NVIS totally
from the picture.  If its the latter you need to do even more
wiring.

Email me privately about your FSM.

RK