ECU swapping in 2000+ with Immobilizer...

brian@UnXplodedBomb.com brian@unxplodedbomb.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:25:49 -0600

I've been speaking briefly with Travis Burelle and David
(b15sentra.net owner) about ECU swapping in a 2000+
car which has a factory immobilizer unit (standard on
G20's and optional on Sentra's)

The problem with swapping to a 95-97 ECU is that even
if you re-pin all the connections the immobilizer will not
allow the ignition to start because of the older ECU.

I believe the Disco Potato did not have the immobilizer
and did not face this issue.  Can someone confirm?

I've come up with a "possible" work around which you
can check out here:

http://www.unxplodedbomb.com/ecu.htm

Any input would be appreciated since some of us are
itching for turbo setups w/ JWT ECU's...

Brian Carvalho
'00 G20t  (still modding, turbo plotting...)